A warm cobbler that serves great with ice cream
- 3 cups pitted fresh cherries
- 1 1’2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 3 1/2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tsp each, lemon juice & almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup each, flour, rolled oats & packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a 9″ x 13″ baking pan, combine fruit & drizzle with honey, lemon juice, almond & vanilla extract. Gently toss to combine well.
2. In a bowl, mix together sugar, flour, oats & salt. Using your fingers, cut butter into small pieces & mix with oat mixture until it combines & becomes crumbly. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over fruit.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or yogurt.